Halloween Math Centers


Friends~We had so much fun this week with our Halloween Math centers! We are working on number bonds and addition facts to 10.  

ALERT!  Please keep in mind that I am not in my regular classroom.  Our new school is being built as I type (Please hurry!) and I am at a local church.  I also move in every Monday and out every Friday so I have had to be pretty creative with my classroom.
~Oh, and I can't hang anything on the walls except Post it chart paper.  
~My classroom is totally mobile.
~All centers are on small carts on wheels.
~#Survival Mode

I wanted to share (FREEBIES) what I have in my math "CART" center for the Halloween season:
Pumpkin Tens Frame Odd or Even Sort
(Pumpkin Ice Cube Trays and Candy Pumpkins)
Skulls and Bones Number Sheet
(Candy at $ Store or HERE)
Spider Number Bonds
(Plastic Spiders from $ Store)
Eye Ball Greater Than or Less Than
(Eyeballs erasers from Target and candy corn for symbol)

Currently, I am running 4 stations so that my 4 tables can rotate through.  

I always grab the skulls and bones candy at the $ Store every year and my kiddos work on representing numbers with them.  Be sure to grab the freebie above!

The pumpkin trays make perfect tens frames and I teach my kiddos that they only need one.  They identify the number in the ones place and make that number with candy pumpkins in the the trays.  They then use dry erase markers to write the numbers in the correct side of their Tchart.  (Simply laminate the freebie above!)

The eyeball greater than, less than is so simple with candy corn as your symbol.  You could use any manipulative but eyeballs are super fun!

With the plastic spiders, my kiddos represent each part of the number bond with different colored spiders and then the whole is a combination of 2 colors.  SOOO FUN!

I am crazy excited about my math next week!  It is based off the book BONE Soup!  Check out my file below! It is on sale until the 27th!

We are going to be making BONE SOUP!!!!!!
I am so excited!  It is going to take the place of my Witch's Brew activity so that all my students can participate.  No worries about food allergies:)





1 comment

  1. Hello, I'm Thomas, a dedicated Take My Classes tutor committed to your success. Together, we'll navigate the world of virtual education and overcome any obstacles that come our way.

    ReplyDelete

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!