Top Back to School Books

Friends~Here are my top Back to School Books! Every school year,  I start back with some great books to review and teach character education.  I thought I would share some of my very favorites! 



I use a book a day during one of our shared reading times.  I love these books because they are silly and fun but also teach great lessons.  This year I will be adding them to our Morning Meeting Time: If you haven't added MM to your classroom routine,           U MUST! It is an awesome time to create a classroom community!  

This year,  I am going to start with the book: What Does it Mean to be Present? by Rana DiOrio
This is a beautifully illustrated book that touches on the idea of seize the day!  It will start a wonderful discussion on appreciation for what we have and to live to the best in life.  I can't wait to hear what my little first grades are going to say about being present in class. 

Another one of my favorites is Hurty Feelings by Helen Lester.  I love this book for when we talk about how we treat each other and how we respond to each other.  Plus, I just LOVE Fragility the hippo!
A total must have is Helen Lester's Listen Buddy!   Teach listening skills with my fun FREE Follow Directions Listen Buddies.  
I love All for Me and None for All when we talk about sharing.  Totally by Helen Lester too!  Gruntly makes his a big entrance as a ball hog, snack hog, and a treasure hog.  Your kiddos will be cheering at the end when Gruntly finally learns how to share.  (Plus, I love hearing my kiddos all remind each other not to be a Gruntly!)
My newest find is called Lacey Walker, Nonstop Talker by Christianne C. Jones.  This book is another book that hits the nail on the head about listening to others and being present.  Not over talking but paying attention to what your friends are saying to you.  Total adorable Owl character!!!  I can't wait for my kiddos to make their Lacey Walker owls with speech bubbles in class.  You can check out my newest file for this book below.

What are your favorite back to school books????  
Let's compile a list in the comments below!
(This add contains affiliate links for purchasing the books mentioned.  I have purchased all of these books and many in hardback because the are must haves for my classroom every year.  Totally worth the investment!) 



 photo signature-39.png

No comments

Post a Comment

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!