Zaner Bloser I Read to Write

Friends~Do your kiddos love to read but struggle with writing?  Do you kiddos love writing but never want to read?  Well, I found a great resource to pump up both areas and make amazing connections! 

This week in guided reading groups, I have been using I Read to Write Responding to Sources by Zaner Bloser. Check out this introduction video below!

I love that this program teaches students to read like a writer and think like a writer.  It introduces students to the world of how reading and writing are connected.  
I can Read to Write covers not only reading and writing but also math, science, and social studies! 

This week, I used the first text included in I Can Read to Write for grade 2. 
It is titled: Earth Water Planet!
I love that it is set up in a predictable sequence for the students to follow.  
The students first READ the text and answer the questions by citing from the text.   
They then THINK and answer the comprehension questions. 
Finally, students WRITE
They are able to choose from 
NARRATIVE, INFORMATIVE, OPINION.  
I love that the text offered a variety of writing graphic organizers as well as close reading prompts for citing text evidence. 
I am so impressed that there is a Narrative Traits of Writing poster in the back of the book for students to use as a resource.  
I can't wait to see how my kiddo's writings turns out.  They are loving being able to go back to the text to add details! 
Good NEWS!  You can request a FREE sample of the booklet by clicking HERE!

Click the image below to check out the booklet that I used in my classroom! 



 photo signature-39.png

No comments

Post a Comment

Extra, extra tell Mrs. Schroeder about it!